C L A S S I C
Classical ballet barre for dancers of every age, size, background and ability.
A true beginner ballet class for those new or returning to ballet. Learn and practice the fundamentals of ballet while improving your lower body strength, posture and balance as well. This class is relaxed, welcoming and fun! No ballet experience is required for Levels 1 & 2 classes. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and socks, ballet slippers, or gymnastics shoes.
- Lower Body Strength Training
- Low Impact Cardio
- Posture & Balance
- Stress Reduction
- Body Image & Confidence Building
- Ballet Fundamentals Knowledge
- Class runs on a set choreography for a period of 6-8 weeks per session. This format allows for familiarity and “perfection” of movements.
- Similar choreography is used between levels with moderation of speed and complexity.
- Class is mixed level, for absolute beginners with little to no ballet experience and for those with prior ballet training wishing to come back to dance.
What makes this class different:
- Themes are used to help students embody specific qualities in the class.
- Deep breathing is incorporated to help students release tension.
- Beauty and power students may not see in themselves is reinforced throughout class.
- Students are encouraged to use their strength and to release and let go as a way to bring them closer to wholeness.
- We talk, share, connect!
boundlessBARRE Classic is offered in weekly classes but may be brought to your area in an on-location workshop. See boundlessBARRE for Every Body for more information.
“Really nice class for people looking to try ballet or get back into it casually. If you’re looking for barre fitness or even a more ballet-inspired barre fitness class, this probably isn’t the one for you – it’s definitely a *ballet* class… But the instructor is patient and works with everyone at their level, and overall the class is definitely more laid back than intro or beginner classes at most formal ballet studios.” ~ Anonymous
“great instructor! focuses on form” ~ Anonymous
“I never thought I’d be learning ballet in my 30’s. This class is so much fun. I feel like I’m living my childhood dream” –EH
“I am in love with the Ballet that Maggie is teaching. She is such an effective, inspired, patient teacher that I just glow after each class. I learn technique and proper form and get to understand the reason and idea behind each movement. I watch her graceful dancing and get inspired! Thank you Maggie for this experience, it adds a new dimension to my dancing.” –SK
“Maggie is a patient, yet technically precise ballet teacher. She tailors the pace for the varied levels of students in class, and keeps it challenging, and enjoyable. Thank you, for re-awakening my love of dance!”–LK